Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lil' Twisters Christmas Tree Wall Hanging

Isn't this the cutest thing?!?  I've decided to make four of these for Christmas gifts this year! This one happens to be for my son and daughter's in home daycare providers.  A husband "Papa" and wife "Nonnie" couple in their 60's who have really become part of our family.  I made her a quilt last year and wanted to do something do decorate her home this year!


"Nonnie's Twister Tree"

I bought the Lil' Twister ruler, picked out some scrap squares and went to town! 
It's pretty simple to make, just time consuming!  After I decided how I wanted them to be laid out, I sewed them together.  The border goes on BEFORE you start cutting!

Here it is once it was cut with the Lil Twister tool and sewn back together again...

Auditioning borders... I love the way the green looks!


Here's another one that I made!



   



No comments:

Post a Comment